We are Save Franktown…. working to maintain our community and help foster a brighter future. We are Franktown residents, citizens, parents, your neighbors, who oppose high-density development of Franktown (ie. FranktownVillage).
Here’s what might happen:
- Water: will your well dry up like others already have in the Franktown area and in other areas of Douglas County? (NOTE: According to Douglas County Planning, water has been hauled in to Region A, Plum Creek Subdivision for approximately 15 years!)
- Quality of life: huge increase in traffic – noise, air and light pollution
- Rural setting: our rural ambiance will be destroyed
The financial viability of Franktown Village development is a huge problem:
- The county does not enforce design plans, so anything can be built as long as what’s built meets the codes
- Once the infrastructure is in, the project can be sold to anyone either in whole or piecemeal.
- Less open space available to wildlife!
Get involved now. Save Franktown. Save your water.
We will work to assure county adherence to Douglas County’s stated objectives.
But there is more! (click on the following bullets below to read more…)